Been back in Pretoria a couple of days catching up with Zetty’s Mum and Dad, also resting up after the biggest 6 days of the greatest party ever!
It’s a big claim I know, this electronic blog medium can’t even begin the explain, for now just take my word for it and wait for the DVD (yep they even had a camera man and photographer there to capture it all… it’s a good thing too as we were partying pretty hard most of the time so probably missed a bit!).
Here’s a brief list of our 6 day itinerary:
- Arrive in Jo’burg airport after a solid session catching up with everyone on the plane (23 of us)
- Meet up with rest of the party and jump on a chartered 737 (we are 80 in total now) and fly to Hoedspruit airforce base, the stairs don’t fit the plane so we can’t get off, the hostess’ break out the beers and we start partying on the plane.
- Awaiting us outside is a fleet of 10 4×4 vehicles (can carry 10 people each modified for animal viewing), we get a milltary escort off the base into the game reserve, where we break up to head to the lodge (spotting Impala and Giraffe on the way).
- Greeting us there are some Shangaan dancers, we get our rooms and head for dinner, then back to the “24″ hour bar.
- Up at 4am for a champagne Hot air balloon ride over the part (spotting Giraffe and a Rhino).
- After breakfast, everone onto 2 coaches for a booze cruise tour of the surrounding area and the 3 rondawels, on the way back we stopped for dinner and a show at a Shangaan village, bladder almost exploded on the way back to the bar for another late session.
- Had the morning off for a well deserved sleep in, after lunch we had a game drive and a visit to an endangered animal reserve, saw lots of Cheeta, some wild dogs and Vulchers feasting.
- This night was the main event, it’s a whole post in itself, one huge party, a lot of us saw the sun come up by the pool.
- Very seedy the next day, dragged my sorry ass out of bed at 4pm for a game drive (we had an awesome spot of lions right next to the car, it’s a pitting all I could do was try and not vomit) and dinner in the bush with a famous actor telling stories.
- up at 5am to go ride elephants, after breakfast most of the Aussy boys went clay target shooting, good fun, back for a busking show and the South Africa v Australia drinking boat race showdown. SA took out the womens event and Aus won the mens…. and the later showdown with the park rangers, Luke took out the single comp.
- Partied all arvo then at our final dinner we had the Soweto String Quartet do a show.. got everyone dancing… more partying….
After all that we flew back to Jo’burg where everone said good bye jumped in there limo’s and went their separate ways, we crashed with WP and Celeste for the night before heading back this way.
Well that was the start of the trip, many photos and stories to come.